Our thorough initial examination will include an impressive array of diagnostic technology. Why should you care you might ask? In all of medicine, dentistry included, early diagnosis and detection of problems results in many benefits– including minimally invasive treatment options. Our comprehensive examination will not only help us accurately determine your dental status, but will also help us communicate our findings to you, (you should never feel pressured or ill-informed at our office), to help you make informed decisions about your dental health.
- High-resolution intra-oral photos (allows early detection of problem areas)
- DIAGNOdent (early cavity detection)
- Digital x-rays (significantly less radiation than traditional film)
- VELscope cancer detection
- Phase contrast microscopy (early detection of periodontal disease, before damage occurs)
- T scan bite analysis (enables medication free, long-term treatments for headaches and teeth grinding problems)